Welcome to Philandtropical; a site of anecdotes, stories and creativity all relating to a persistent fascination in Tropical Health and Disease.
This website is undergoing a major transformation and update. We should be back by October 2018 with:
- New Stories
- Philandtropical Podcast
The Podcast is set to feature stories and chats with people for whom Tropical Health and Disease has served a significant cornerstone in their own story. Naturally, we’ll have researchers, health-care workers, patients and creative folk coming to share their insight in a relaxed, relatable way.
Disclaimer: I am definitely no authorative figure on the subject by any stretch of the imagination. I just had a taste once, and I’m still hooked.
Me: Philip Hefford
Current Position: Medical Student – UK
- Zika Virus & Other Vector Borne Virus Diagnostics – London, UK (2018)
- Tropical Medicine Placement – Sao Paulo, Brazil (2019)
- MSc Medical Microbiology – London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine,
- Zoonotic Virus surveillance project at Oxford University’s Clinical Research Unit, HCMC, Vietnam.
- Former Research Lead to Development Sector NGO across Tanzania, Kenya & Malawi
- BSc Biology – University of Edinburgh
- Canine Siblings