Welcome to Philandtropical – an accessible site of anecdotes and stories relating to Tropical Medicine & International Health
This website is undergoing a major transformation and overhaul. There is a small team of us working to improve the project. We should be back by February 2019 with:
- New Stories
- Philandtropical Podcast
The Podcast is set to feature stories and chats with people for whom Tropical Medicine and International Health has served a significant cornerstone in their own story. Naturally, we’ll have scientists, health-care workers, patients and creative types coming to share their insight in a relaxed, relatable way.
Me: Phil Hefford
Current Position: Final Year Medical Student – UK
- Tropical Medicine Elective Placement – Sao Paulo, Brazil (2019)
- Student Speciality Rotations in Clinical Virology & Hospital for Tropical Diseases
- MSc Medical Microbiology – London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine,
- Zoonotic Virus surveillance project at Oxford University’s Clinical Research Unit, HCMC, Vietnam.
- Former Research Lead to Development Sector NGO across Tanzania, Kenya & Malawi
- BSc Biology – University of Edinburgh
- Canine Siblings